1ST PLACE -SARAH D -BROWN
2ND PLACE, POPPY M -GLENN MARTIN
3RD PLACE, MOLLY G -BROWN
4TH PLACE WINNERS
AIDAN B – BROWN
KAYDEN C- BROWN
ALAIYNA T -STONE
JAYCEE C -SOUTH CUMBERLAND
SOLEIL V – BROWN
WE WILL CALL ALL WINNERS TONIGHT CONGRATS
Come out on September 5th 6-8pm. Stop by our selfie booth and eat a bug….. we have chocolate covered, sweet and salty……..buy a shirt for $10.00 all proceeds will go to the National Cancer Foundation…. Downtown Crossville…..hope to see you there.
Click here for the printable (PDF) form.–>COLORING CONTEST
Ants and Termites are confusing…. how you can tell them apart??? You can schedule a FREE INSPECTION with our company to determine which one you may be experiencing problems with. Termites can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage.Call Today For a Free Inspection.
How To Tell The Difference Between Ants And Termites
Out of all of the insects in the world, two of the hardest ones to tell apart from one another are ants and termites.Both of these insects appear during the springtime and summertime, mostly to mate and reproduce.
However, if you ever come across both of them, it’s important to know which is which.
Characteristics of Ants
Ants possess the following characteristics:
- They have waists that are constricted and narrow in nature
- They have antennae that appear to be bent
- They possess three very distinct bodily segments
- They are darker in color and do not avoid light
Characteristics of Termites
Termites possess the following characteristics:
- Rather than having an actual waist, their bodies are more rectangular in nature
- They have antennae that are more straight and furry, also known as “bearded”
- They are a more transparent color (light, creamy, etc.)
- They avoid light unless a situation arises, such as a disturbance of their nest
One major way in which it may be next to impossible to tell termites and ants apart is the fact that during their respective reproductive stages, both insects are winged. In addition, there is also the fact that both insects swarm in their winged forms at the same time of the year and in similar weather conditions. However, there are some subtle ways that you can tell the winged versions of the insects apart from one another.
Characteristics of Winged Ants
- Their wings extend only to slightly past the end of their bodies
- Their wings tend to take on a slight angle, causing them to point away at the bottom
Characteristics of Winged Termites
- Their wings are long and narrow in shape, extending beyond their abdomens by approximately one entire body length or more
- Their wings point away in a straight line
Regardless of whether they are winged or not, ants and termites can cause numerous issues that will require them to be taken care of as soon as possible.
Spring is in the Air…. come out to Cookeville and meet our Techs and figure out what pest plan best fits your needs, we offer Quarterly, Semi Annual, or Annual… we also offer Termite Inspections for FREE
Friday March 1, 4-8pm
Saturday March 2, 9-6pm
Sunday March 3, 12-4 pm
Hyder Burks AG Pavilion in Cookeville TN
If you missed us last month, come out next month March 9th & 10th Knoxville Expo Center. We have FREE TICKETS at our office while supplies last.
Hours Sat 10-5pm, Sunday 11-5pm
Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Friday, February 1 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, February 2 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, February 3 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Adults $10 per day
65+ years $8 per day
12 years & Younger: Free
Come out to the Knoxville Convention Center Feb 1-3rd Dogwood Arts & Garden Center Show. Meet our staff, see our products, Pest Control, Termite, Moisture, Rodents, and Crawl Space Encapsulation products, Santa Fe & Aprilaire Dehumidifiers. We have been in business for over 18 years, and we are expanding our services to Knoxville. Readers Choice Winners over 5 years in a row.
We will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Have a safe and happy Holiday.