We will be closing at 2 pm on November 25th, and closed November 26 & 27. We will resume normal business hours on November 30th. We pray you all have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving. We want to thank all of our dedicated employees who are considered essential workers that have taken this year seriously to protect each others health so we could continue to provide a much needed service in our industry. Thank you, we are thankful for all of you. Dave & Christina
Are you seeing mounds of sand like material in your yard or along your driveway? Fire Ants have been identified in Cumberland County. Do not let your children near the mounds, Fire Ant mounds have foraging tunnels that can travel up to 30 plus feet from the center of the mound. The closer you get to the mound the better the chances of a sting, or 100 or so. Advanced Termite will provide a Free Inspection. Stay Safe, keep your animals and children safe. 931-456-6689
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, we are open and here to serve you. Our technicians are taking extra steps to insure your safety and their safety when entering your home. Got a Pest? Call the Best! 931-456-6689
We are offering a One Time $55.00 Ant Treatment for any size RV or Camper. Special is limited to the months of June and July. Call today if your located in any Campground in Cumberland County. Get on the list before space runs out. This includes in and out service. Call Today
Ants and Termites are confusing…. how you can tell them apart??? You can schedule a FREE INSPECTION with our company to determine which one you may be experiencing problems with. Termites can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage.Call Today For a Free Inspection.
How To Tell The Difference Between Ants And Termites
Out of all of the insects in the world, two of the hardest ones to tell apart from one another are ants and termites.Both of these insects appear during the springtime and summertime, mostly to mate and reproduce.
However, if you ever come across both of them, it’s important to know which is which.
Characteristics of Ants
Ants possess the following characteristics:
- They have waists that are constricted and narrow in nature
- They have antennae that appear to be bent
- They possess three very distinct bodily segments
- They are darker in color and do not avoid light
Characteristics of Termites
Termites possess the following characteristics:
- Rather than having an actual waist, their bodies are more rectangular in nature
- They have antennae that are more straight and furry, also known as “bearded”
- They are a more transparent color (light, creamy, etc.)
- They avoid light unless a situation arises, such as a disturbance of their nest
One major way in which it may be next to impossible to tell termites and ants apart is the fact that during their respective reproductive stages, both insects are winged. In addition, there is also the fact that both insects swarm in their winged forms at the same time of the year and in similar weather conditions. However, there are some subtle ways that you can tell the winged versions of the insects apart from one another.
Characteristics of Winged Ants
- Their wings extend only to slightly past the end of their bodies
- Their wings tend to take on a slight angle, causing them to point away at the bottom
Characteristics of Winged Termites
- Their wings are long and narrow in shape, extending beyond their abdomens by approximately one entire body length or more
- Their wings point away in a straight line
Regardless of whether they are winged or not, ants and termites can cause numerous issues that will require them to be taken care of as soon as possible.