Pest Control Tips
Pests and rodents can be more than just a nuisance. They can also affect the health of your family. This is why it is important to protect yourself. Here are some tips from Advanced Termite and Pest Control to help keep those pests out of your home.
- Keep floors and counters clean. Should any spills occur, clean them with soap and water. Clean the kitchen floor at least twice a week.
- Take out the trash daily. Clear all trash cans every day. Do not leave trash cans next to doors. Leaving trash overnight can attract many pests.
- Store fruit in the refrigerator.
- Keep dishes and sink clean.
- Make sure all food packages are sealed. Keep cereal, flour, and grains in sealed containers.
- Make sure the bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry areas are dry. Fix any leaks right away.
- Keep pets clean. Especially indoor/outdoor pets. Use flea and tick protection on all pets.
- Seal any cracks around pipes, ducts, and cabinets. Caulk door frames and visible cracks.
- Keep plants and bushes trimmed around your house. Do not stack wood next to your home or leave piles of leaves. Keep gutters clean.